Dr. Oz 5 Foods For Deep Sleep & What’s Your Problem?
Dr. Oz “what’s your problem?” Oz asked everyone from coast-to-coast to find out their biggest health problems and offered up some fast fixes for what’s driving them crazy. Have you got acne on your butt? Dr. Oz has a solution for that! Do you have vaginal discharge, Oz has a solution for that, nothing is off-limits today!
There are other issues that drive us crazy as well, Dr. Oz says it could it be that we are not getting enough sleep, but he says tonight we can with the 5 foods you should be eating for a deep sleep!
What’s Your problem?
Lynne from Buffalo: Lynne has acne on the butt and the back of the legs which can be very sore at times. Dr. Oz told her that any sort of inflammation that is going on in the body can trigger skin problems. Dr. Oz told her to treat acne on the body the same way as you would treat acne on the face. Use products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl Peroxide for acne on the butt, face, basically anywhere you have acne.
Make sure to wear cotton underwear and eat anti inflammatory foods:
Dr. Oz Blemish Busting Bites
1 Cup Wheat bran flakes
1/4 cups of walnuts
2 Mini dark chocolate bars
Melt Chocolate & drizzle over cereal and nuts, stir and enjoy says Dr. Oz.
Tanja from Upper Marlboro, MD: Tanja has a vaginal discharge, she has has taken the medications for yeast infections but still has the vaginal discharge.
Dr. Oz has 3 forms of vaginal discharge as part of his demonstration.
1. Bacterial Vaginosis is an overgrowth of bacteria inside the vagina that is thin and milky white, and this discharge has a fishy odour. This discharge can be treated easily with antibiotics and Vitamin D.
2. Yeast Infection – White curdled vaginal discharge is well known as a yeast infection and can be treated with a prescription & OTC medications, plus yogurt as it has antibiotics in it.
3. Trichomoniasis: If your discharge has a yellow, green foamy appearance you have a sexually transmitted illness, Trichomoniasis and someone out there is in big trouble! Trichomoniasis is the most common, curable sexually transmitted illness and can be treated with antibiotics and zinc.
Dr. Oz’s tips to prevent discharge is to use unscented tampons, wear cotton underwear or don’t wear any underwear to bed.
Lauren from Pearl Harbor, HI told Dr. Oz she gets cold sores on a regular basis and wanted to know what she could do to prevent it. Lauren told Oz that just before shed gets a cold sore she gets a tingling sensation and Oz told her that tingle is a sign not to mingle.
Dr. Oz recommended Lysine supplements for cold sores along with Abreva. Dr. Oz recommended taking 1000 MG Lysine daily for treatment of cold sores.
Next was Lynette, Bennetsville, SC – Lynette told Dr. Oz she has embarrassing loud noises coming form her stomach all day long. Reasons could be from being a little hungry, and other sounds from your stomach could be caused from eating the wrong kinds of foods. Triggers could be lactose, gluten and fat. That gurgling happens because the intestines are working hard to push the food through.
Dr. Oz said if you have a grumbling stomach have a dozen hazelnuts, it’s has the right kind of fat in it as well as fiber.
Dr. Oz 5 Foods For Deep Sleep
Are you one of them many people out there that the only sleep they get is a poor night’s sleep? New research suggests that people taking sleeping pills even occasionally have an increased risk of cancer and early death. Dr. Oz said one of the first ways to get a better nights sleep is through the foods we eat and he has 5 foods for a deep sleep and joining Oz today is Pina LoGiudice ND, with Sleep Solutions & Foods for deep sleep, no more sleeping pills.
Dr. Oz Pumpkin Seed Seed Powder For Deep Sleep
1. Pumpkin Seed Powder – Trouble Staying Asleep. Pumpkin seeds has more tryptophan that a whole glass of milk. Try mixing pumpkin seed powder with applesauce. Always have pumpkin seed powder with a carbohydrate because it allows the tryptophan to enter the brain more efficiently.
Dr. Oz Montmorency Tart Cherries For Sleep
2. Montmorency Tart Cherries: If you have trouble falling asleep try Montmorency Tart Cherries, this cherries are very high in Melantonin which we all know helps us fall asleep. You can either buy Montmorency Tart Cherries in cherry form or buy Tart Cherry Juice. These cherries have ten times more melantonin than the regular cherries so have a glass of Montmorency Tart Cherry an hour before bedtime.
Dr. Oz Pulque For Sleep
3. Pulque – Trouble Winding Down to Fall Asleep. Pulque is a native drink to Mexico, it’s an alcoholic beverage made from the agave plant that tastes stronger than beer and as Oz says it will put you down. Pulque has a very high high tryptophan content and you can find pulque in grocery stores.
Dr. Oz Scottish Oatmeal
4. Scottish Oatmeal – Nervous Exhaustion and Sleeplessness. Scottish Oatmeal is processed different than other oatmeal and is very high in tryptophan. Pina LoGiudice gives her daughter scottish oatmeal every night before bed to help her get a full nights sleep. Try having one quarter to one half cup at night.
5. Dandelion Greens – If you are having hormonal Issues With Sleep Problems try dandelion greens. Dandelion helps clean out the liver so trying having it with your dinner in a salad or sauté with a little olive oil.
Pina LoGiudice told Dr. Oz she would pick the scottish oatmeal as number one to have if you are wired before bed.
There are good temporary solutions that have been recommended as natural sleep aids such as melatonin, tryptophan, valerian or some calming aids like passionflower and theanine to help reset your body rhythms. Chinese formulas like Bu Nao Wan or Suan Zao Ren Tang can help calm the mind and induce healthy sleep.